Sponsorship indicates full and sole Society involvement in a conference. The Society accepts complete responsibility for the technical, financial, publicity and administrative aspects of the conference. The Photonics Society Conference Management Services are available for this level of sponsorship. To request Sponsorship, please submit the following preliminary information to:
Senior Manager, Society Operations
- An overview of the conference including its scope, objectives, dates, location, organizing committee, history, and the benefits of IEEE Photonics Society participation to its members and conference attendees
- Indicate the level of sponsorship you are requesting
Technical Co-Sponsorship indicates a shared involvement in the technical, publicity and administrative areas of the conference. In addition, a representative of the Photonics Society must assume an active role on the technical committee , and cooperate in the development of the technical program and have some responsibility for the overall quality of that program. This representative shall also be responsible for the following:
- Follow up on overall feedback from conference chair
- Report of final attendees / stats from conference
- Ensuring timely submission of papers for Xplore
The Society has no financial involvement in the meeting. The conference may use the IEEE and the Society logos in its publications; however, the title of the conference should not include any reference to IEEE Photonics Society. To request Technical Co-sponsorship:
- Review the IEEE Conference Checklist
- Apply for sponsorship: IEEE Conference Application - Include IEEE Photonics Society as a sponsor with 0% financial
- Application will be reviewed for approval and a response should be expected no sooner that 4-6 weeks.
The IEEE Conference Application lets you register your conference and request approval for an IEEE conference. It will take approximately 20-30 minutes to complete the application. Before you begin, have the following information available: conference title, dates, location, website URL, sponsorship, technical program plans, and conference contacts. If you do not have all the necessary information, you can save the application after step 3 and complete it later. An email with a temporary user ID and password will be sent to you.
Note: Because the IEEE is a non-profit organization that is subject to USA tax and postal regulation, no for-profit entity can be listed as a Technical Co-Sponsor, Co-Sponsor, or Sponsor of a Society sponsored conference. "For Profit" organizations can, however, provide donations, (i.e. contributions in the form of personnel, materials, or funds) as indicated in IEEE Policy and Procedures.